Sunday, March 16, 2008

One down... Two to go

I’ve been accepted to Carnegie Mellon Master of Arts Management program and they are offering me a scholarship of $13,000 per semester (renewable as long as I keep my grades high). I’m excited to have been accepted and shocked that they are offering me so much support money. They have an amazing program, probably the most academically intensive arts administration program in the country. The only negative is the location, Pittsburgh.

Pittsburgh has a very strong arts community, but I was kind of looking forward to studying in New York City. I suppose that I could still do my internship with a dance company in New York City but that may not be worth the effort, because Pittsburgh have several dance companies that tour extensively. Carnegie Mellon is one of the top universities in the country and they are offering me a lot of aid money to go there.

I still have two programs to hear back from, so I will reserve my decision until I’ve heard from them all. In the meantime, let me know what you would do in this situation.

I still don’t have the pictures from the NY trip, but I will try to post them soon.

Stay tuned….

2 comments:

Ms Ingram said...

Thats wonderful. I am glad to hear that you got accepted...See you can do anything as long as you put your mind to it....ANYTHING CAN BE DONE...I am pretty sure that u know that already. You should really follow your heart. Once u get the results from the other 2 schoold then you can make your decision.......

Caitlin said...

Well aren't you a big deal. That 13k is a big temptation, it would make me consider leaving New York for Pittsburgh. Good luck getting that kind of deal from a school in NYC.