Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A review of my Ice Cream Social


I realize that I didn't mention that I was having a party, but that is just because I didn't anyone to feel bad for not being invited. I suppose this blog may do that as well, but I don't think anyone will be too hurt. On Sunday, I had an Ice Cream Social which was attended by several of my closest friends. My friend Caitlin posted a fantastic review on her blog (Shut up Downsey), so I've placed her review below for your enjoyment:

First of all, snaps to Randal for actually having people at his party. You know how you can invite twenty people, and maybe three end up coming, well, Randal, defying the previous standard upheld at his Haloween party, had a mighty turn out at his ice cream social. Short of the fact that chairs were limited, there was plenty of silly conversations and good company, a sometimes odd playlist, hulahooping, and oh yeah, there was punch. It was interesting to be in a room full of college kids enjoying themselves soberly. Sometime after learning that a medium pizza is medium sized and consuming weird mixtures of ice cream, people began trailing off, as is typical with all parties, and soon only seven party-goers remained.

I thank Caitlin for her review but she didn't mention how the party ended. One of my guests began looking through a book called Weird Pennsylvania, and we decided to take a road trip a place called the 7 Gates of Hell. We went on google maps and got directions, piled into two vehicles and made our way to the gates of Hell. The location turned out to be nothing more than woods. It was a bit of a disappointment, but how many people can say their Ice Cream Social ended in a trip to the gates of Hell.

Stay Tuned...

3 comments:

Roxy said...

Damnit. Ice cream, pizza, and the gates of hell? Meanwhile, I'm cramped in a bus with a bunch of strangers.

Caitlin said...

I totally outblogged this blog.

Randigital said...

I know you... you should keep blogging even after class. People care about what you have to say.